The Matisse

Portland, OR

The Matisse

The Matisse is LEED Gold Certified, a smoke free community and very pet friendly. Innovative amenities surround you including multiple resident lounges with internet cafe perfect for working from home. Choose from studio, one or two bedroom apartment homes - renovated homes available with private patios and balconies and floor to ceiling windows to provide optimal lighting.

677 S Lowell St
Portland, OR 97239

Nice neighborhood, apartment is in good shape, and maintenance requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.

We are very happy here in the Matisse. We love our apartment... all the wonderful light! We really enjoy the neighborhood, too!

My only hesitation that I would warn about is the rent fluctuations.

Too expensive

Storage units aren’t safe

I think it's a good place to live if you want to be near the center of the city, especially if you don't want to own a car.

I’ve been at The Matisse for five years now and have no plans to move out. If anything, I would consider moving to a larger unit, preferably on the same floor. While far from being the newest building in the district, it is well maintained and has received several upgrades over the years to add additional value to living here and to make it a competitive properly. While the occasional protests are disruptive, this is still a building a feel safe living in.

I really wish the office opened earlier than noon on Sundays. I have had several packages try to be delivered during the 11am hour and because the leasing office was closed, they had to try delivering again on Monday or Tuesday, delaying me receiving the package. Then it is tricky to get the package from the office on weekdays due to my work schedule. That said, when I have requested my package be placed in a parcel locker the office staff is usually able to do that, which I appreciate.

Lack of regular cleaning in common areas mainly 6th floor hallways, elevators, elevator commons and most especially the trash chute. It has had the same trash and spilled garbage on the floor for 3 weeks or more, it is very discouraging and disgusting and poses health questions.

I would recommend The Matisse based on the location and proximity to downtown Portland. I love that this community is relatively quiet and that you get the feeling of downtown, without being in the mix of it. There are a lot of positives with living here, but there are also some negatives.

See above.

For the price, the noise that comes from the hallways alone is enough to not recommend living here. Residents shouldn’t pay 1300 for a studio apartment just to hear the elevator every time someone uses it. Also amenities like kayaks aren’t listed as being unavailable most of the year, even if weather condition permits them. Noise complaints at 3PM just for dancing does not help.

Too much noise now with the constructions. Moreover, I am disappointed with the management of the building. I expected you decreased the rent when you closed the common areas. When I came, you offered some amenities that I can not enjoy now. So, I expected a compensation.

I can not because the monthly rental rate is very high compared to other place.

I love the staff here and the location. I think we have been here about 8 years.