The Matisse

Portland, OR

The Matisse

The Matisse is Portland's South Waterfront's finest apartment community offering studios, 1 and 2 bedroom homes. The Matisse is LEED Gold Certified, a smoke-free community and very pet friendly. Innovative amenities surround you at this beautiful apartment community.

677 S Lowell St.
Portland, OR 97239

I would recommend The Matisse based on the location and proximity to downtown Portland. I love that this community is relatively quiet and that you get the feeling of downtown, without being in the mix of it. There are a lot of positives with living here, but there are also some negatives.

See above.

For the price, the noise that comes from the hallways alone is enough to not recommend living here. Residents shouldn’t pay 1300 for a studio apartment just to hear the elevator every time someone uses it. Also amenities like kayaks aren’t listed as being unavailable most of the year, even if weather condition permits them. Noise complaints at 3PM just for dancing does not help.

Too much noise now with the constructions. Moreover, I am disappointed with the management of the building. I expected you decreased the rent when you closed the common areas. When I came, you offered some amenities that I can not enjoy now. So, I expected a compensation.

I can not because the monthly rental rate is very high compared to other place.

I love the staff here and the location. I think we have been here about 8 years.

There has been a noticeable decline in building maintenance over the past two years. Elevators are not cleaned daily. (We live her 7 days a week, not 5) The stairways are usually quite dirty. The floor in the recycling room is very dirty. I don't think it ever gets cleaned. The recycling bins are often overflowing, The ventilation in the freight-elevator lobby on the first floor of the north bldg. is no longer functioning, with a result that the smell of garbage is often quite strong. (This was NOT the case previously.)

The staff are fantastic and the building is well designed and cared for.

Great office staff and nice amenities.

Everything is great except the cleanliness of the building. People do not pick up after their pets and the custodian seems overwhelmed by duties.

The complex is dirty. The garage and garbage areas are filthy. Outside the building is extremely dirty, garbages are constantly overflowing.
The apartments are clean. However, they are small. the storage space in the apartment is extremely limited. Very small closets and kitchens.

Resident safety in the underground parking areas is a concern. Suggestions for resident safety have not been taken seriously in the past.

I have lived in 3 different units at the Matisse and I have not had a quiet unit yet. Between the elevator noise, dogs barking, garbage trucks coming at 3am and the 24 hour loading dock directly across the street I can count the number of full nights sleep I had on 1 hand in 2 years.

The location is great and the building is extremely quiet which astounds me. I’ve never lived a building as quiet as this one. The office staff are great. Very kind, helpful and friendly.

People have different tastes. I can only say I like it here and why.