The Matisse

Portland, OR

The Matisse

The Matisse is Portland's South Waterfront's finest apartment community offering studios, 1 and 2 bedroom homes. The Matisse is LEED Gold Certified, a smoke-free community and very pet friendly. Innovative amenities surround you at this beautiful apartment community.

0677 SW Lowell Street
Portland, OR 97239

People have different tastes. I can only say I like it here and why.

Excellent value with an excellent location convenient to OHSU. The office staff and maintenance staff are amazing
Allison,
Thank you for the wonderful review! Our team strives to provide optimal service for our residents, so it is humbling to read that you've experienced our efforts firsthand. We are also glad you enjoy the convenient location. We appreciate your remarks and look forward to continuing to provide a wonderful living experience for you.

Matisse Management

Most people I know could not afford to live here or would rather find someplace more homey. However, it's an excellent place to live for people affiliated with OHSU or other short-term leases. The places are really nice, and the rooftop is beautiful; I just don't personally know a lot of people would want to live in a complex like this.

I would recommend but to make sure the apt location is not near the noisy garage door. I can not sleep with my windows open because of the garage door opening alert noise.

The homey feeling we have in the first when we first moved in is not happening anymore.

I think that there are newer buildings in the neighborhood that are in better condition. However, the size of apartments tends to be smaller and their prices are higher… so it would depend on what my friends are looking for.

Staff, location, and amenities are all brilliant. Living here is like living at a Hilton.

The grounds are well kept, the staff are great, and the location is perfect. It's pricey to live in this area, which will turn some people off (maybe this is a good thing). It's an extremely dog-friendly community which is wonderful but it would be better if there was a place where dogs can be off-leash and it's not a hinderance for those who aren't into the dog-apartment life. I'm sure there is something creative out there to try out at the Matisse.

I love the apartment and neighborhood. Very clean, safe, and great location.
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

This has been the best apartment experience we have ever had. The staff, the apartment, the community... everything is great.

We would love to stay here.

If it wasn't for the great location I don't know if I would recommend. There isn't anything that makes this property "special" or sets it apart from other communities.

Noisy neighbors, thin walls.

The floors/ceiling are NOT very soundproof, and I can hear my upstairs neighbor walking/stomping around all the time. I'd recommend people find a building that constructed with high quality soundproofing, if they could get it for a similar price.
Thank you for your 4 star review! I'm sorry to hear that you have had sound issues in your apartment home. We definitely want all of our residents to be comfortable and able to enjoy their stay with us. Please reach out to me so that we find a resolution for you.
Thank you again!

I have recommended someone :)
Thank you so much for the great review! Please let us know if there's anything that we can do for you!