Nexus Apartments at Orenco Station

Hillsboro, OR

Nexus Apartments at Orenco Station

Nexus offers stylish and modern studios, one, two & three bedroom apartments. Your home features black appliances, track lighting, washer and dryer, air conditioning and so much more. Enjoy resort-style amenities while getting connected here at Nexus!

1299 NE Orenco Station Pkwy
Hillsboro, OR 97124

The quality of service has decreased significantly compared to my first year. The AUM bill got messed up twice within the last six months, which did not happen at all during my first year at Nexus. Rent is too high compared to brand new communities next door. I do not think the increase is reasonable for an older community. The maintenance staff is friendly and efficient. They complete their work in a timely manner.

The staff have always welcoming and receptive.

Improve the accounting system. There was a major issue upon moving in with a payment made online. Despite the staff being aware of the issue, they continued to post "late rent" signs on our door and made minimal effort to resolve the issue (made a payment online that didn't post to account.) There was another issue where we'd written a check and handed to the property manager. She didn't write (or inform us to write) the apartment # on our check and because of that, they didn't post the check to our account and attempted to assess late fee charges. Also, the water temps are too low, showers are awful.

Staff and managers are unfailingly polite and helpful. Maintenance services are the best. Leasing renewal is poorly managed. Entries/stairwells tend to be trashy, smokers abuse these areas. Overall, very satisfied.

Not a big fan of towing. Constantly have trouble with AUM utilities, would be nice if I could pay with rent online. Some of the communication is bossy and poorly written.

Trash pickup makes me buy special bags. I would rather have a container to put trash in. Right now, I take my own trash and recycling out, which is actually fine by me.

Wonderful job on improving the grounds, the added bushes look very nice! The sidewalk in front being redone is also an improvement to the complex and the community. Need more lighting around mailbox area for the G and H buildings.

It is a little expensive, given the amount of construction noise, truck noise, and lawn mowing noise. The lawn mowing noise is on Friday and Saturdays mornings. This has woken me up several times, along with other noise. Also, there have been several false alarms in my building over the course of the year. In the end, overall, I like it. However, it is a little expensive given noise, train also. I would recommend this to a friend depending on who they are, but don't think it is for most people given finances.

Availability to pick up packages on weekends/after hours, cheaper garage parking, elongated toilet bowl, more guest parking, and less voicemail when calling office.

The staff here is fantastic. The grounds are fantastic. I like the size/layout of the apartment. Change utilities from all electric to some gas. More outdoor BBQ's because summer is coming.

Gym area is very small. Community is so big that sometimes it is difficult to get the equipment. It would be good to have some window support like platforms.

We have only been here for six months, so we have not had the opportunity to evaluate most of the amenities. But, so far we have been loving it here. Staff is friendly and the location is perfect for our family. Thank you.

Upkeep is great, community is very appealing. Upgraded appliances would be nice. Faster response time in gym maintenance (took more than 6 months to get 2 out of 3 treadmills fixed.) Friendly staff and love the pool area.

I have one marketing recommendation. I have lived in this community since March of 2010. While almost every aspect of the facility has been upgraded since then, the two marketing posters that are on the exterior windows of the fitness center have not been upgraded. The images on them are outdated.