The Brockman Lofts

Los Angeles, CA

The Brockman Lofts

The Brockman Building helped shape downtown LA a century ago. Today, this striking 12-story Beaux Arts tower is gaining new life as The Brockman Lofts. Over 20 floor plans available from 802 to 2,279 Square Feet. 100 Years of History. A New Level of Luxury.

530 W 7th St
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Page 1 2 3

I have not recommended this property to individuals who have asked me about it. I have told them that you have to overcome a lot of things that are a given at other properties such as effective, on site management, poor routine cleaning and maintenance as well as value for your dollar. I also tell them you really have to love the architecture and space you will be living in, because if you don't you will never overcome what is missing.

Again, the hot water was handled so poorly I would not recommend this building to family or friends.

Beautiful place, rent seems a little high. Valet Parking is too expensive. Rent should include one parking space.

All in all, it's a great building in a great location with a staff who cares.

Love living here

I have seen any improvements. Hallways need repainted. Pool area need improvements.
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the Resident Holiday Event last night. As you may remember, at the beginning of the year, we installed new cushions and pillows for all the pool deck furniture and replaced the furniture at the Zen Lounge. Hallway painting is planned for 2016, as are further enhancements at the pool area and resident fitness center.
As always, please feel free to contact us directly with questions or suggestions.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

The amenities seem to be lacking a bit when compared to other communities in the same area. The parking fee also seems out of place when compared to most communities providing free parking for at least one car. The leasing agent was very pleasant and made me feel like he wanted to assist me from the very start. He used my needs well to show the community.

Need better sanitation (disinfectant spray) provided at gym, more gym equipment, and visitor parking. Resident appreciation days/small activities are great.

I am completely satisfied and happy to call Brockman my home. All I could think about improving would be a little paint job and carpet cleaning for the 11th floor hallway. Otherwise, all perfect. Thank you.

We love living at The Brockman because of the people living in the building, the staff, the brick, the windows, the nice finishes in the apartments, and the location. Things that could improve would be clearly using some of the money made from filming to upgrade the community because it's very inconvenient for people on higher floors. UV/shade canopies over the pool area would be very helpful, as well as keeping the pools, pillows, and chairs clean. If some of the money made on filming was obviously used to improve the community, I think less people would be frustrated with it.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

Beautiful lofts with open space, exposed concrete and brick. Great city views. The two dipping pools did not look clean. There were brown marks all over the bottom. I do not feel confident recommending this property.
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found our lofts to be beautiful and enjoyed the architectural details and views. The dipping pools are maintained daily and cleaned each week. Unfortunately, the construction next door has created some staining in the plaster - but this does not affect the cleanliness of the pools. Once the construction facing our pools is complete (currently anticipated September/October), we will be re-plastering each pool.

I love the location, cleanliness, and most amenities that are offered at Brockman. Kanika is the best leasing consultant by far. Very good follow up and responsive! I was parking was cheaper and could accommodate visitors. The maintenance staff is nice, but there should be more of them to accommodate faster response times. The pool area is disappointing, definitely should be a real pool!

I really appreciate the community events, maintenance is timely and helpful, and Victor, Ebony, and Kanika are wonderful and responsive. But, carpets in hallway need to be maintained (dirty and discolored,) hallways need paint, need some type of shade at pool, need more presence at front desk at all times, and too much filming in our building (very disruptive to tenants as crews are not always courteous.)

Overall, happy with building and communication from management. Smells from garbage can sometimes be unpleasant and overwhelming near mailbox area.

I felt very disappointed when manager allowed a huge, rude film crew into the building (the P. Diddy one) and they mistreated the residents badly. The mistake is forgivable, but manager wouldn't take responsibility for her bad decision. She shifted the blame, apologized, made excuses, and brought up past issues to deflect attention from herself. This is commonly how management has dealt with all problems, such as their bad hiring decisions, lack of communication, lack of timely communication, inconsistencies, and sloppy accounting. It's hard to trust a manager if they simply never accept responsibility fully for a mistake, and there are many, many mistakes. We have a new manager now, Logan, and I hope that he is a better manager than the previous one.
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so sorry you had a negative experience. We do our best to ensure any filming we permit in the building does not create a negative impact to our residents.
As you mentioned in your review, I have been at Brockman since mid March. Hopefully your experience in my time here has been positive. If you ever have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to me so that I may address them right away.
Cheers,