Lorna Place

Hoover, AL

Lorna Place

Community located in the Hoover area of Birmingham, AL. Offering One and Two Bedroom Apartments and Townhomes. Property offers spacious living in a great school district. Convenient to area dining and shopping and I-459 & I-65. Hoover-An Exciting Southern City to call Home As the largest suburb of Birmingham, Hoover, AL, is a bustling city full of cultural attractions, beautiful outdoor scenery and opportunities for employment. According to the 2010 census, Hoover had a population of around 81,619. Residents here also have a higher-than-average annual income when compared to the rest of the state. In 2009, Hoover’s median household income was $74,301 as compared to $40,489 for the rest of the state. Its location near Interstate 65 and U.S. Highway 31 make it easily accessible to other cities such as Montgomery, Mobile and Huntsville. City Industries A number of companies call Hoover their home, including the headquarters of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. The company is the largest employer here, followed by the Hoover Board of Education, Regions Bank and AT&T. Riverchase Galleria is a prime shopping mall that has dozens of retail outlets along with hotel and office space. Hoover is also home to a minor league baseball team, the Birmingham Barons. Several big-box retailers also call Hoover home, including Costco, Sam’s Club and Walmart. Attractions Hoover is home to Moss Rock Preserve and Waterfalls, a 250-acre area that contains lots of native plants and wildlife along with scenic waterfalls. The Aldridge Botanical Gardens are located on a historical estate and contain an extensive hydrangea collection along with walking trails. The Hoover Metropolitan Stadium is where the Birmingham Barons play all their home games, and it also hosts the SEC Baseball Tournament each year. Government and Schools Hoover has its own distinct government, with an elected mayor and city council that all serve four-year terms. It also has its own fire and police departments along with a municipal court. The Hoover area Chamber of Commerce is operated by a board of trustees who work hard to draw new businesses into the Hoover area. The Hoover City School System is responsible for public education here. In all, there are 10 elementary schools, two high schools and three junior-high schools. There are over 11,400 students in this school system, which has consistently received high marks for the students' academic achievements. There are also several private schools that provide quality education, including Hoover Christian School, Shades Mountain Christian School and Valleydale Academy. Hoover, Alabama is a thriving city that has nonetheless retained its southern hospitality and charm. Those who want to enjoy the best of what urban living has to offer may want to consider renting apartments in Hoover, AL, 35216.

3400 Treeline Court
Hoover, AL 35216

Recently Viewed

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

The agent was friendly and nice. The presentation was not bad, but it was not the best. The community was not the best as well. She gave me very little information about the community and about the apartment. At the visit, she showed me the apartment and gave me some information about the unit. She asked me if I liked the apartment and if I wanted to fill out an application. I expressed to her that I wanted to look at some other communities first. She gave me a business card and asked me to give her a call if I had any other questions.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

This is an older property. It might be decent for some, but it is just not my taste.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

Unfortunately although both leasing professionals were enthusiastic about the property, they must not have looked around them lately to see what else is being offered in the same vicinity. This was a distressed property that needed to be torn down or renovated severely. Everything appeared outdated from the hallways to the railing up the stairs. All of the problems are due to the old structure that is out of date.

I enjoy living there

The staff at the apartments are knowledgeable and so friendly to me and my dog at all times. Whenever I have a problem or question they are quick with a solution. They all make me feel part of a community.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

This apartment community was old and did not seem to have anything to offer but the pool, which was dirty.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

The community is located near nearby restaurants and is near a major roadway. The community amenities are adequate for the rental rate. The community is managed by a large company that offers many perks for living in the community.

Very comfortable

I ve stayed here for one year. I had no major issues with the staff or my apartment. When my a/c did go out, maintenance went after hours to repair the problem so I wouldn t be put in a sticky situation. The staff is very friendly and I would definitely return if needed to. However, I think this complex is best for small families or a single person. Price is great as well.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

The apartment was in need of repairs. The pool was in good shape as well as the laundry facility.

Horrible

It is extremely horrible. The employees are completely unresponsive to the needs of the residents which they are contractually obligated to attend to.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

The leasing agent has a great personality. He did not ask me enough questions.

Apartment Review from an Independent Evaluator

This community needs attention to the landscaping, basic repairs and a cleaning throughout. The grounds were not well maintained.

Community with great potential.

I like living at Lorna Place, however there need to be a standard raised for employees.